EDITOR'S ROLE

Subject: EDITOR'S ROLE
From: alangley -at- ts -dot- checkpoint -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 17:16:52 -0700

Dear Tech Writers (and Editors):

I was just assigned my new role as full-time editor. Would you have a
couple of minutes to just jot down what you feel an editor's duties should
be. I have the opportunity to define my role, and help ensure my team
produces consistent documentation. I'm working up a list of things I feel
an editor needs to do, but I'm also asking for help from my colleagues.

Thank you very much.

Anna Langley, Education Services
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
alangley -at- ts -dot- checkpoint -dot- com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com