RE: position process

Subject: RE: position process
From: Kate Robinson <KRobinson -at- seattle -dot- telecomsys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:09:05 -0800

On the other hand, phone screening can be a positive thing.

Those of us who are, say, older or visibly tattooed or too butch get a
chance to impress our lucky potential employers with our actual
qualifications over the phone before they have an opportunity to bluster up
some legal reason to reject us.

Me bitter? Nah.

Kate Robinson
TechComm Editor
Alaska Building / 206-792-2146
Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves,
or we know where we can find information on it.
-- Samuel Johnson, quoted in Boswell's Life of Johnson

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com