Fw: OT - Lost access to secure (HTTPS) sites on Win98 OS

Subject: Fw: OT - Lost access to secure (HTTPS) sites on Win98 OS
From: "John Posada" <writer -at- tdandw -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 10:40:46 -0500

Hi, Karen...try this:

You don't say what browser you use, but it could be that
your browser's Internet Options Security is blocking them. I
had this problem with my banking web page and some elements
of other pages that I knew to trust.

Try adding your work site as a trusted site.

Tools -> Internet Options -> Security tab-> Trusted
Sites ->
Sites button, then add the url to the list. There is a
"Require Server Verification" check box. I unchecked mine.

It worked for me. Keep in mind I categorize very few sites
as trusted.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
writer[at]tdandw.com

secure
> sites (that start
> > with HTTPS) including my web access work e-mail, online
> banking, and even
> > Hotmail. I might need to work from home tomorrow,
> starting at 5 am, and I'm
> > getting frustrated. I've deleted IE security patch
update
> Q828750, turned
> > off McAfee firewall, and banged my head against the
> wall -- nothing helps.
> > I've searched the Web, and the consensus from experts is
> generally
> > "Woohoo -- you've got problems!" The Microsoft advice
> pages just scare me,
> > especially after my failed efforts last weekend.
> > I've updated my Internet Options with what I think are
the
> proper settings,
> > cleared caches, etc., and still can't get anywhere.
> > Does anyone have any information to offer?

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com