RE: How do I respond to this engineer.....??

Subject: RE: How do I respond to this engineer.....??
From: "Ruiter, Vicki" <Vicki_Ruiter -at- sra -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 07:17:14 -0500

Off the top of my head it sounds like you need a small scale versioning
control program such as PVCS Professional or similar (not recommending one
particular versioning program - I don't have enough experience with
different ones to know what is best).

Incidentally, it sounds like your job is going to turn into a full-time
knocking on people's doors saying, um, excuse me. Do you have any documents?
It sounds actually like that would be the job of several people. I have
absolutely no idea how much the software costs or the associated hardware,
but my first guess is that it's cheaper in the long run AND it leaves more
control of the documentation in the hands of the group. You aren't going to
change their minds about the level that they want, at least make it fairly
easy to implement for everyone.

Good luck.
Vicki Ruiter
vicki_ruiter -at- sra -dot- com