Re: What to do???

Subject: Re: What to do???
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:13:29 -0500

Wade Courtney wrote:

I just started a job at a new company in Sept. Some of the engineers
are Russian and they have problems with their English. Ok, no worries,
but my boss has given them instructions to not worry about grammar,
spelling, or anything else because I will fix it. Editing these
documents puts me on the edge of insanity and I have to take a break
nearly every half a page. How can I tactfully handle telling my boss
how I feel?

Unless your boss asks you how you feel, I would assume he or she doesn't really want you to share. So the real question should be: How can you adjust your attitude so that you are less on edge? I would approach the work as puzzle-solving. (Hmm, I wonder what she meant by that. Could it be A? Could it be B? What clues tell me which is more likely?) I would also treat it as an opportunity to get to know my co-workers. (Excuse me, Vitaliy, did you mean the frammis starts after the fisterus ends its normal firing cycle or that the frammis starts only if the fisterus aborts its normal firing cycle?)

I think your boss has demonstrated great confidence in your ability. Take the breaks you need to take, but enjoy the challenge of the work itself.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com