RE: Single-sourcing, who's doing it?

Subject: RE: Single-sourcing, who's doing it?
From: "Anita Legsdin" <anita -dot- legsdin -at- watchmark -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:23:42 -0700

Our company uses FrameMaker (soon to be 7.0--OK, we're late) to generate PDF, CHM, and WebWorks Help for various clients. We use conditional text, with a high percentage of reuse. We are investigating XML and its capabilities, as well as looking into converting to a structured doc system. We have one structured doc set that uses information mapping, for which we send SGML to the customer. They combine it with manuals of their own, and crank out both PDF and HTML.

Anita Legsdin
"I am at heart a Viking." --Julia Child