Re: Adobe adds product activation

Subject: Re: Adobe adds product activation
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 18:35:30 -0700

I don't know how anyone else feels about SW updates, but I have to say
that offhand I can't think of a single instance where I updated a SW program
that I was happily and productively using for any other reason than to maintain
compatibility with other users as the file formats changed or with OS/platform
updates as I got new computers. In most cases, were it not for these
requirements,
I'd still be crusing along using whatever release I first installed of every
program
I've ever liked, and that includes a few that I originally began using as DOS
apps.
In fact, there are a few I'm using now where I'd happily downrev back to older
versions if only they would work on my current systems.

Otherwise, my response to activation is the same as my response to dongles has
always been: assure me that you have free 24/7 live support available to
instantly
help me correct any problems that arise from it and it'll be a non-issue,
otherwise
I won't be installing your apps that use it unless I'm forced kicking and
screaming
to do so.

Gene Kim-Eng