RE: Freelance issue

Subject: RE: Freelance issue
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:04:15 -0400

Goob's right on the money (sorry) on this one. In Accounts Receivable
(unlike courting) it's impossible to call "too frequently." I've been on
both ends of this (Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable), and while
frequent contact doesn't *guarantee* payment, it often does the trick.

Follow up every call with a brief e-mail and/or fax that specifies not only
the work done and the money owed but also their response to you during that
phone call ("You indicated that you intend to..."). Always be polite and
professional on the phone and in writing. If you absolutely have to use a
lawyer or collection service, provide them with your e-mails and faxes as
well as the written contract.

Dan Goldstein