Preferred forum for RoboHelp

Subject: Preferred forum for RoboHelp
From: MList -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:52:42 -0400

All,

I joined the new Framers-sponsored RoboHelp for FM mailing list,
then got the word that I'd be using regular (not FrameMaker-cozy)
RoboHelp Office X4. So I exited the RH/FM list and went looking
for a "regular" RoboHelp mailing list/discussion group. I'm not
having a lot of luck.

I was hoping for something like THIS list, or like OpenOffice[users]
or FrameUsers, all of which are mailing list format, and all of
which are helpful and interesting... and occasionally entertaining.
A Google search for "RoboHelp mailing list" yielded 8 hits (it said
out of 50 similar), and even those were mostly duplicates of

I keep getting pointed back to eHelp's own web-based "Community"
forums. But when I look, the various topics are not very lively.
Several of them have posts arriving MONTHS apart. That's not really
good when you have a problem and a deadline measured in hours
(bound to happen...). The e-mail format seems ever-so-much more
responsive than a forum that people must seek out to connect.
Even the eHelp RH knowledgebase is frustratingly slow to navigate...
or maybe it's our net connection, today.

So, you RoboHelp users and gurus... where do you congregate?
IS there a widely used mailing list for RoboHelp?

(Yes, I know I could have asked in a single line, but then
there'd have been nine messages telling me that I should
have researched before pestering the list... I did -- I just
failed to use the right search keywords ... go figure)

:-)

/kevin

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com