Re: PDF a "book" of Word files

Subject: Re: PDF a "book" of Word files
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:01:58 -0700

Quoting John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>:

> Did I lie? is there a way of taking 300 or more individual Word files (and
> keep them individual) and generate a single PDF, with continuous pagination,
> TOC, and bookmarks?
>> NEED TO PUBLISH YOUR FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE?

I know that I'm going to sound as if I'm evangelizing, and maybe I am, a
little. However, you might want to see how the word files look in
OpenOffice.org.

Assuming that there are no formatting problems (and there may very well be),
you can safely use the master document feature in OOo, and export directly to
PDF without using another program.

And, of course, the program is free for the downloading, and can be learned at
the basic word processing level that your maintainers are probably going to be
working at within a matter of minutes.

--
Bruce Byfield bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com 604-421.7177

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com