RE: Problem with Word Numbering

Subject: RE: Problem with Word Numbering
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:55:22 -0400

Kate Robinson wrote:
<snips>
This is one of those Word limit problems. It's just too darn many MBs and
too darn many styles in one document.

The only solution I've found that actually works is to break up the document
into smaller working files, get all the changes and edits done, accept all
changes and turn off rev marking, then combine the files. Of course that has
its own dangers. I'm eager to hear if someone has something better. (We're
considering FrameMaker as a fix here.)
</snips>

1. Did you deselect the "Allow fast saves" checkbox?
2. Do you have floating graphics that can be anchored?
3. Do you have text boxes that can be incorporated into anchored graphics?
4. Have you tried File|Save As?
5. Have you tried doing a Maggie (either for individual sections or the
whole doc)?
6. Do you have embedded graphics and/or objects that can be linked instead?
If so, make sure you use "Link to file", not "Insert and Link to file."

Dan Goldstein

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com