Re: Not leaving Techwhirlers? - Firewall Fix

Subject: Re: Not leaving Techwhirlers? - Firewall Fix
From: "Rick Bishop" <BishopR -at- jcdc -dot- jobcorps -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:40:57 -0500

We had a Portus firewall rep out here yesterday and he wrote some new code that immediately stopped all those unwanted MS update emails from coming in. The wanted ones from MS still make it thru fine.
So, if your organization has a Portus firewall, you might want to ask for that update.
Rick

>>> "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA> 09/23/03 12:47PM >>>

I've been hit with the same boatloads of viruses everyone else has been
complaining about--in fact, my network admin just came to ask me whether the
received more than 400 of the viruses over the past couple days--most, but
not all, filtered out by our antivirus and anti-spam software. The most
alarming is that a few EXE files have somehow slipped through.
<<SNIP>>

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com