Last Posting On This Subject: Farewell

Subject: Last Posting On This Subject: Farewell
From: "Domaschuk, Rob" <Robd -at- datalogics -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:24:56 -0500

Well folks,

I have neither left the list nor have I changed my email address.

First, apologies to Eric for starting such a lengthy OT discussion (and to
list members for whom this was an irrelevant or unwanted thread).

As a few people pointed out, the issue was not with my firewall or virus
protection, but somebody else's who happens to have my email address in
their book.

This (last) post on the subject, at least from me, is to let others know
what the solution was. David Neely pointed me towards the SpamBayes plug in
for Outlook. It learns as it goes, and within 3 hours of having it
installed, I was down to getting 3 or 4 of the emails per hour. This
morning, there were no emails (from the worm) in my inbox, but 160 were in
my junk mail folder.

For those interested, the plug in is available at
www.sourceforge.com/projects/spambayes

Cheers,

Rob Domaschuk | 312.853.8337 - p
Technical Writer | 866.741.2677 - f
Datalogics, inc. | www.datalogics.com

"One out of every three Americans is suffering from some form of
mental illness. Think of two of your best friends. If they
are OK, then it must be you."
- unknown

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com