Re: Leaving Techwhirlers

Subject: Re: Leaving Techwhirlers
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:33:13 -0700

They did do something. This worm exploits a hole that
was patched months ago. If you're infected, it's your
own damn fault.

I beg to disagree with you, Goober. This virus grabs email addresses from an idiot's computer. The Idiot doesn't know any better, but because your address was found there (in an address book or mailing list, for example), it is only the recipient who is affected.

I have two computers at home. Both are well-protected, as is my work computer. Only MY email address (the one I use for this list) has received this virus. My husband's email address, my work email address, and my alternative (no-spam) email addresses have not been affected.

These worms are vicious, and it is NOT the recipient's fault that they are affected.

In addition, the hole never should have been there in the first place. THAT is Microsoft's fault!

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html

Instant message during games with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com