Re: Please take the Granularity Survey

Subject: Re: Please take the Granularity Survey
From: joanne grey <j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:00:11 -0700

JX wrote:

The question is how to refer to things that people call "granularity levels"
and I'm questioning some terminology an SME is proposing...

And if you have any general comments about the word "granularity" and other
words that convey similar meanings*, I'd love to hear them...

JX,

I've been in companies that use "granularity" for years. It sounded odd to me at first, but soon I realized that it was a perfectly good word for what it describes.

I've always used "finer granularity" to describe something that is down at the lower levels of detail.

HTH,
-joanne

joanne grey j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com
Principal writer www.writeangles.com

That writer does the most, who gives his reader the most knowledge, and takes from him the least time. -Coulton

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com