ADMIN: Update on junk email problems

Subject: ADMIN: Update on junk email problems
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:31:42 -0600

Just to reiterate...

RayComm does not sell, give, loan, trade, exchange, swap, distribute,
publicize, or otherwise give out email addresses. Not anybody's,
not to anyone, not under any circumstances. Not ever.

Additionally, we've changed the archive format to make it difficult
(certainly infeasible) for spambots to find email addresses, and
we restrict access to the Lyris archives to be available only to
certainly like to hear from those who use it, and hear why that
works better for you than news://lists.raycomm.com/techwr-l.)

The current problems w/ spam and unsolicited email are connected,
I believe, to a variety of Windows viruses & worms. There's nothing
that we at Raycomm can do about that...if people who read the list
are careless or irresponsible about computer security, we all pay the
price in terms of spam and the like.

(The Raycomm site, including the Web server, mailing list server,
and everything else, runs on Linux, BTW.)

Can we get back to tech writing now?

Eric

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com