Re: Tech Writing Volunteer Opportunities?

Subject: Re: Tech Writing Volunteer Opportunities?
From: "Lisa A. Roth" <roth -dot- lisa -at- jimmy -dot- harvard -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:11:05 -0400

On a somewhat related note, there were a few messages late last week about JavaScript menu-creation software. As I recall, at least one person mentioned that they tried application X but found that the documentation left a lot to be desired.

If the desire to volunteer stems from a need to beef up your portfolio to gain an edge in the job market, perhaps you could contact the author of this shareware JavaScript program and offer your services.

At 07:06 PM 9/14/2003, Tim Kampa wrote:

Don't know if this was a response to an earlier post I missed, but another
good area for volunteer work is open source projects. I personally volunteer
for OpenOffice.org (and yes, that the URL, too - www.openoffice.org) by
writing end-user docs. There's plenty of opportunity for API stuff as well.
www.sourceforge.net is the best place to find a project that's interesting
to you.

Tim

Lisa A. Roth