Re: Tech Writing Volunteer Opportunities?

Subject: Re: Tech Writing Volunteer Opportunities?
From: Tim Kampa <tjkampa -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 16:06:16 -0700

Don't know if this was a response to an earlier post I missed, but another
good area for volunteer work is open source projects. I personally volunteer
for OpenOffice.org (and yes, that the URL, too - www.openoffice.org) by
writing end-user docs. There's plenty of opportunity for API stuff as well.
www.sourceforge.net is the best place to find a project that's interesting
to you.

Tim

On 9/13/03 11:00 PM, "TECHWR-L digest" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com> wrote:

> Subject: Re: Tech Writing Volunteer Opportunities?
> From: sara <words4sale -at- yahoo -dot- com>
> Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 09:34:11 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Try Idealist (http://www.idealist.org). There are
> usual several tech writing volunteer opportunities
> listed.
>
> Also, you might consider sending out solicitation
> letters or e-mails, detailing your skill set, to
> organizations that interest you. I did some volunteer
> editing (under the guise of service-learning) for a
> few gaming sites while I was in grad school and it was
> a lot of fun. I've never had trouble locating a
> volunteer position; I wish the same could be said for
> a paying one!
>
> Sara

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com