Re: Unsubscribing and HTML e-mail? (was: Blocked)

From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:00:23 -0400

At 03:07 PM -0400 2003-09-12, Dick Margulis wrote:

We have a mailing list of about 4,500 valid names. We get roughly five or six unsubscribes after each mailing. The topic I was trying to inquire about when I started this thread was how to get past mail admins who prevent people from receiving messages they apparently WANT to get, not how to best accommodate people who do NOT want to hear from us.

It isn't necessarily safe to assume the non-complainers actually want your stuff. They may just be deleting it and grumbling. (Or not grumbling, if the spam filter is doing its job properly and they never see it.)

As a recipient who absolutely *hates* companies that use the Default=ON trick, as well as those who lump access to tech support mail with opting-in for all the marketing junk, if the people really do want those messages, THEY can make the necessary arrangements with the mail admin.

--
K@ Kat Nagel

.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com