Re: Blocked?

Subject: Re: Blocked?
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:29:22 -0700

"Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net> wrote in message news:212734 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> In any case, I'm lobbying to send out plain text mailings that just
> include enough of a tease to get someone to click a link and view the
> full invitation in a browser. I'll have to split the mailing list in
> half and track the response rate both ways if I'm going to convince
> anyone that this is a better idea, though.

How about lobbying for customer choice? That is, when they sign up for
mailings (you do use opt-in, right), let them choose between receiveing HTML
or plain text. That's how it's done for the Woody's Watch newsletters.

Customer choice. How could a marketing person argue with that (other than
it'll be more work for them, but them making the user experience better
usually requires more work on the front end).

Chuck Martin