Re: Blocked?

Subject: Re: Blocked?
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:30:29 -0700

"Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net> wrote in message news:212731 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> A somewhat more serious question about content-filtering tools:
>
> Of course the bigger issue for us is that some companies automatically
> reject _all_ html email, and I can't get our marketing types off their
> html jones (they think they get a better response rate with it). But
> that's a battle for another day.

You could show them a screen capture of what their precious HTML email looks
like in a reader that is set up to read plain text. Hint, it's ugly.

Or you might ofer an analogy: do you program your web site to not allow
Netscape users to view your content? The percentage you block may be small,
but especially in this economy, can you afford it?

Chuck Martin