RE: TC Bookshelf

Subject: RE: TC Bookshelf
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:03:28 -0500

I will forego listing the various non-technical writing books I have in
my library at home, i.e. Dilbert, Bill O'Reilly, Dennis Miller, various
history books, and other non-technical writing books. I am a book hound.

Books on my bookshelf at work at bookshelves at home:
Architect of Bee
Careers for Non-conformists
Complete Idiot's Guide to Technical Writing (I know I know, but there
is useful info)
Dealing with People You Can't Stand
Desktop Publishing Style Guide
Devoicing of Society-Why We Don't Talk to Each Other Anymore
Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Elements of Grammar
Elements of Style (1959) (4th Printing) (1st Edition)
Elements of Style (1999 Edition)
Elements of Technical Writing
Facts in a Flash
Foundations of Teaching Technical Communication
Handbook of Technical Writing
Intercoms from mid 1998
Interviewing Practices for Technical Writers
Merriam-Webster's Manual for Writers & Editors
Microsoft Computer Dictionary
New American Webster Handy College Dictionary 3rd Edition
Photoshop User's Encyclopedia
Pocket Book of Quotations
Quick Course in Microsoft Publisher 2000
Roget's 21st Century Guide to Building your Vocabulary
Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus in Dictionary Form
Sam's Teach Yourself Adobe Photoshop in 24 Hours
Sam's Teach Yourself C++ in 10 Minutes
Sam's Teach Yourself HTML and XHTML in 10 Minutes
Stephen King' On Writing
Tech Comms from mid 1998
Technical Research Assistant
Technical Writer's Survival Guide
Technical Writing for Dummies (I know I know, but there is useful info)
Technical Writing with Style 2nd Edition
The Elements of Style (1999) (4th Edition)
The Essential Office 2000
University of Minnesota Style Guide
Usability Engineering: Scenario-Based Development of Human-Computer
Interaction
What to Say & How to Say It
Writer's Handbook 2003

Books that I had at one time or another and wished I had not sold on
half.com:
Art of Editing
Complete Idiot's Guide to Getting Published
Content Management for Dynamic Web Delivery
Design of Everyday Things
Designing Visual Language
Dynamics in Document Design
Foundations of Organizational Communication
Handbook of Usability Testing
Hot Text
Layout, Design, and Typography for the Desktop Publisher
Management Information Systems for the Information Age
Managing your Documentation Projects
Medium Is the Massage
Newsletters from the Desktop: Designing Effective Publications
Presentations That Get Results
Standards of Online Communication
Technical Writing and Professional Communication
Web Style Guide

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone
http://www22.verizon.com/airfone/

Stay in Touch
Verizon Airfone JetConnect (SM)
Inflight e-mail, Instant Messaging, and more...