RE: TC Bookshelf

Subject: RE: TC Bookshelf
From: "Kate Salm" <katiesalm -at- kinzua -dot- net>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:24:29 -0400

Yeah it's Rudes Technical Editing Text. I also have Markels Technical
Communication, Williams Non Designers Web Book, Searching and
Researching the Internet (which is only useful as a paperweight if
you've ever used the internet before, I think I use two pages out of the
entire book), books on programming in Java and HTML, manuals for windows
XP and FrontPage, and my four favorites: the Idiots Guide to Technical
Writing, The Idiots Guide to Style and Grammar, Nitty Gritty Grammar,
and Troika's Handbook which gives abridged style guides for APA, MLA,
CM, CBE, and
Columbia Online Style among many other things. Then of course there are
the dictionary, thesaurus, dictionary of rhymes, dictionary of idioms,
Thomas Steeles: All the fun's in how you say a thing, and Crystals
Encyclopedia of the English Language (which is useless for work, but fun
to read). That only covers one shelf out of three bookshelves that are
to the point of exploding. And doesn't include all the crap, such as my
Wednesdays child figure, the wooden jigsaw rose, the fuzzy blue bird
pen, and a Christmas ornament (don't ask, I have no idea how it got
there). Oh yeah, I forgot the magic eight ball. I wonder if it still
works...

Have a good one...

Kate