Re: Typing Requirement in a Tech Writing Ad - How to respond?

Subject: Re: Typing Requirement in a Tech Writing Ad - How to respond?
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:20:21 -0700 (PDT)

Okay. I was going to say something wise (and geeky)
about talking to a computer and transparent aluminium,
but.

Yeah, what goober says. Am editing 400 graphics for
inclusion in some HTML right now--and though I 60%
using Access keys, my typing speed won't help me
(aside from getting these little asides posted to the
lists ;?). If the job is really a tech writing
position, typing speed is largely irrelevant. It it's
data entry, then you need to clock yourself. There are
applications you can buy (go down to the local
computer store) to teach yourself typing, and these
include a WPM counter.

Cheers,

Sean