RE: Typing requirement in a tech writing ad - how to respond?

Subject: RE: Typing requirement in a tech writing ad - how to respond?
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:19:10 -0700 (PDT)

> Not to be confrontational, but where were you
> reared? I am 31 and typing
> was a required course where I went to high school in
> Montana.

Typing was required in school for me too, but it was
weighted as a pass/fail. No time limit, but if you
could touch type, you were good. I faked it well, so I
passed. My typing style still is unconventional.

- Goober
"What do you mean I can't look down when I'm typing?!?"

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com