Re: Typing requirement in a tech writing ad - how to respond?

Subject: Re: Typing requirement in a tech writing ad - how to respond?
From: "Cheryl Wallace" <cwallace -at- costlink -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:50:21 -0400

Typing (on typewriters! yes, electric) was available in Montreal high
schools in the late 70's and early 80's. I know. I forced myself through
two years of touch typing. Tape over the keys, hands under the paper. Data
enty was the only thing that cured me of looking at the keys - and got me
over the 35 wpm hump.

Cheryl