Re: RE: What's on your TC bookshelf?

Subject: Re: RE: What's on your TC bookshelf?
From: Susan W. Gallagher <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:07:28 -0400

I've done a lot of head nodding (yup, got that one) as I read
through everyone's list. My bookshelf is currently split
between home and work, so most of this is off the top of my
head.

Karen Shriver's book (waded through the first half, never got back to read the second half)
Hackos Managing Doc Projects (it was a gift)
Peter Hartman's book, of course (he used to be my boss)

Houpe & Pearsall's Reporting Technical Information
Newton's Telecom Dictionary
Tufte - The Visual Display of Quantitative Information
Bernstein - The Careful Writer

John M. Carroll - The Nurenberg Funnel, Beyond the NF, & Making Use

Usability books by Nielsen, Jeffery Rubins, Hackos & Redish, and Theo Mandel

Chicago 14 & 15
Cooper - About Face & The Inmates are Running the Asylum

I bought Horton's Online book when it first came out and
refuse to buy anything else by him until he learns to index!

Maybe a dozen books on C, C++, Java, Visual Basic, Perl, OO software design, distributed object applications, networking, whatever technology I'm currently working with.

A couple of old HTML books collecting dust

Dictionary, thesaurus, synonym finder, www.m-w.com, FOLDOC

Robin Williams non-designer books (2)
Lynda Wyman's Designing Web Graphics 2nd ed
The Gray Book (black & white design ideas)

Ten years of STC pubs
Don Bush's technical editing book & workbook

I'm sure there's more and I'll think of half a dozen or so
as soon as I hit send. <g>
-Sue Gallagher