Re: Technical writing - off site

Subject: Re: Technical writing - off site
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 23:10:02 -0700 (PDT)

> Heh. Sometimes the spec is the LAST thing to be
> written.

Yep. I ask for them anyway. I now get them
pre-project, and we now go through spec acceptance
steps before anyone writes a line of code or a line of
documentation.

Sounds like a waste of time, right? Well, given we
used to be editing the docs the night before press
handoff, we now know what to expect and can fill in
the final details a month prior to ship, leaving time
for effective proofreading and review. And dev?
They're done coding 70% through the cycle and are
working with QA to resolve bugs for the remainder.

The better you plan, the smoother you sail.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com