Re: What's on your TC bookshelf?

Subject: Re: What's on your TC bookshelf?
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 23:50:50 -0400

At 02:59 PM -0700 2003-09-09, Bruce Byfield wrote:

I'm surprised that, as experienced writers, both Michele and
Chuck mention grammar references; I would say that they didn't need them. [snip] And it's been years since I used a purely grammatical reference.

I use my grammar references a few times a year, usually to copy a page and send it to a client after said client reviews one of my drafts and edits it, introducing errors in the process. Such clients usually don't react well to having their 'corrections' ignored, or to being told that they are wrong, so---if the issue is important enough---I respond by sending them a copy of an authoritative source for my preference.

.
--
K@ Kat Nagel

.