RE: PHD in Tech writing

Subject: RE: PHD in Tech writing
From: "Beth Agnew" <Beth -dot- Agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca>
To: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:51:46 -0700

Then you must be blessed with colleagues who completely understand what you
do. I have not required developers to defend their code, but people who
thought they knew programming have done so. As writers we get way too much
of "well, anyone can write, so I think you should say it this way...". It's
not so much "defending" a writing decision as explaining to the non-experts
why one particular way of placing words on the page is better than another.
--Beth