Re: India - Wave of the Future - Evolve?

Subject: Re: India - Wave of the Future - Evolve?
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 07:41:53 -0700

> Yes, market research is important, especially when
> you want to think of
> other configurations of the same components -- like
> being a tech writer in
> the healthcare technology field (which, I've heard,
> is growing).

Yes, it is. Not just healthcare, but biomed in
general. But, you need the industry credentials, not
the tech-writing know-how to land these jobs.

I gotta strongly disagree here, Goob. I have very little medical knowledge. My former genetics work was in a genetics lab back in 1970, where I fed cats and cleaned litter boxes. Our scientist was closer to Mendel than the scientists I work with today.

There is work in biotech for technical writers, just as there is work in any software industry. Having more medical knowledge really wouldn't help me any better when documenting the software development life cycle.

Diane Evans
Technical Writer at a minor biotech firm in a major pharmaceutical company

Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963