Re: Extremely strange formatting when printing HTML (long)

Subject: Re: Extremely strange formatting when printing HTML (long)
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 10:10:10 -0700

Sean, thanks for the offer. Off list, someone also said this was a problem
they encountered, then resolved with an update to IE.

However, as I mentioned in a follow up, it turns out to be something to do
with the font size attribute in the style sheet.

When I say I took out all the RH stuff to test, I mean all the stuff in the
header, like these lines:
<!-- $MVD$:color("22","d00000","Sapphire","0") -->

(BTW, anyone know what all these commented lines in the HEAD tag do? If
nothing, I'm inclined to do a site-wide search and replace and delete allof
them.)

Plus the reference to the JavaScript file and the JS attributes in the BODY
tag. The rest is *very* plain vanilla HTML.

I simply switched to 10pt to define the font size in the BODY tag of the CSS
and everything prints fine. I'll test a bit more down the road near release
if I want to go back to a smaller font size for end users.

Chuck Martin

"Sean Hower" <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com> wrote in message
news:211706 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> Hey Chuck, can you send me a sample html file along with the css.
>
> Just a side note. I noticed in your post you said that you removed the RH
tags from the CSS. That might be the start of your problem.

> "This is either madness or brilliant."
> "It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide." -- Will Turner &
Captain Jack Sparrow