RE: Visual Basic and Tech Writing

Subject: RE: Visual Basic and Tech Writing
From: "Bulloch, Scott" <scott -dot- bulloch -at- sap -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 18:28:20 +0200

Anything that increases your skillset in your career is a good investment of your time and money. Learning the basics of VB will help you to better understand both the code and those who write it.

Additionally, if you work in Word, it'll familiarize you to some degree with VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), which Office uses for macros. Basic knowledge of VB/VBA has helped me many times when I needed to create a macro to automate repetitive stuff.