re: India

Subject: re: India
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 08:47:05 -0600

Mark wrote:

> Goober, I think the word you want is
> "protectionism". It's an economic thing.
> So far no one has said that anyone else's
> ethnic group is in any way evil or inferior.

Agreed. Unlike previous discussions of this topic, so far this thread has
been civil and professional. Acknowledging or criticizing the effects of
visa legislation on your own job is not bigotry.

Assuming that a good-paying job or the ability to afford to live in an
expensive area is a *right* might be a bit short-sighted, but that's a
matter of opinion. So far the discussion has been interesting - I hope its
participants continue to take the high road.

Keith Cronin
whose waistline is approaching a globalization of a different kind