RE: Is being technical writer boring

Subject: RE: Is being technical writer boring
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:36:11 -0500

Victoria wrote:

>Like a lot of jobs, there is normally some downtime to deal with in
>technical writing. I think a lot of people find it boring because
>sometimes you're working at a snail's pace and have to find things to
>fill out your day, but then you spent some time working hard to get
>something complete for a deadline. If you find the downtime where
>you're waiting for reviews back or waiting for a piece of software to
>chug out it's magic on your outdated PC as boring, yeah, the job can be
>that sometimes. Personally, I take that time as the trade-off for 40+
>hour weeks during release times. It all balances out.

One aspect I like about where I work is that I can take classes via
NetLearn during the few periods of downtime that I see. Taking a course
is when time permits, but I like the fact that I can enhance my skills
or learn something that is totally new to me. Does anyone else have
access to NetLearn or something similar?

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone

Verizon Airfone JetConnect (SM) now with email
Inflight e-mail, Instant Messaging, and more...