Re: India

Subject: Re: India
From: "tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com" <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>
To: michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:42:17 -0400 (EDT)

Look, I know this has been talked about before but this has to be addressed and something has to be done. Jobs are not only moving to India. Companies are moving Indian (and other) workers over here to take over our jobs. It's happening right here in my job! The Company has hired an Indian owner of a company and he is slowly moving them in...two so far with more to come. They are getting away with it through the L1 Visa Program.

This is a loophole in the immigration law that allows large corporations to bring in foreign workers for up to 7 years, pay them less, and replace good paying American jobs held by American citizens. I don't want to clutter up the list so, if you like, you can contact me off list and I will send you some URLs describing this trend.