Re: Potential Client/Need Advise

Subject: Re: Potential Client/Need Advise
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: Corecomm <runar -at- corecomm -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:27:57 -0500

"Corecomm" please review what the word ADVISE means per Webster's. I KNEW what word I was using, perhaps I know the nuances of the English language better than you, or perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to criticize.

One entry found for advise.

Main Entry: ad·vise <javascript:popWin('/cgi-bin/audio.pl?advise01.wav=advise')>
Pronunciation: &d-'vIz
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): ad·vised; ad·vis·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French aviser, from avis
Date: 14th century
transitive senses
1 a : to give advice <http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=advice> to : COUNSEL <http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=counsel> <advise her to try a drier climate> b : CAUTION <http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=caution>, WARN <http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=warn> <advise them of the consequences> c : RECOMMEND <http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=recommend> <advise prudence>

Corecomm wrote:

It might help you if you knew the difference between "advise" and "advice".

--
Michele

"I've learned that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand." Andy Rooney
www.krautgrrl.com