Re: Potential Client/Need Advise

Subject: Re: Potential Client/Need Advise
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:29:10 -0700 (PDT)

> OK, to finish the saga. She wants to put me in a
> "stable" with other
> people and vend out my services. Now she bills out
> at $50/hr., and she
> wants to make a profit on top of paying me or
> someone else, so she'll be
> paying in the $20s.

Yuk!

> In addition, she wants samples
> of my work
> immediately, and when I told her I was swamped and
> could barely keep my
> head above water with all the work I have she became
> irrate with me.

Sounds like a peach. ;)

> She
> told me she can't do some of the work people are
> calling her to do so
> she really needs me to work for her, and
> inexpensively.

Inexpensive wage for premium work? Nice. Does she want
fries with that?

> She stated she was asking these questions to
> determine where my
> expertise was to pigeon-hole me in her stable.

Moo!

> I just said I couldn't right now, but I'd think
> about it. The think
> about it part is because of the women's group we're
> in together.

Well, it doesn't sound like *she* is all too worried
about it. ;)

> In the follow up call this TW told me that I
> wouldn't be a good fit because I write books.

That makes no sense whatsoever. But, their loss. :)

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com