Re: blue background, white text

Subject: Re: blue background, white text
From: Laura Lemay <lemay -at- lne -dot- com>
To: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:31:04 -0700

> We recently got Word 2002 and I've been tooling around in the
> options and such to familiarize myself with it. In the Options
> screen on the General tab, there's a checkbox to set word to display
> a doc with white text on a blue background.
>
> Aside from personal
> preference, why would someone want to do this? I guess I'm
> wondering why this is such an important option that its a checkbox.

I don't know the particular reason for the blue color (suspect it is
history, as others have mentioned), but I do wish that other apps
would allow this option. I set my terminal windows to reverse
type (white on black) when I do a lot of programming or work in text
(HTML, javadoc, etc) and I don't have nearly so many problems with
eyestrain, tiredness, etc as I do with black-on-white.

Laura
old