interview and ethics

Subject: interview and ethics
From: "G. Abenhaim" <g -dot- abenhaim -at- nhc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:03:32 -0400

"They made you an offer. You made them a counteroffer. They rejected your
counteroffer. And they are unethical? How? "

HI Andrew,

Yes I agree with you that I do take a risk of my offer being rejected when I
counteroffer. But they were really interested in me as the best candidate
they found. I was dissapointed due to the fact the company never answered me
to begin with. They just never got back to me,. If you are not interested in
hiring me because you cannlot afford it, the simple respect I ask for is for
you to pick up a phone and simply call to tell me that my offer got refused.
Dont let me hanging. Thats all.
That way I will continue in my search with other companies tnank yo very
much. I thought it was poorly done in the HR ethical way of doing things.
But as you said earlier, there is no "ethical way" of doing things, I guess.
/G