Re: Content sharing between Adobe products

Subject: Re: Content sharing between Adobe products
From: Chris <cud -at- telecable -dot- es>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:29:46 +0200

For getting info from PageMaker into FrameMaker...

I recall in my dark past that PageMaker could export tagged text - tags looking like this: <tagname>. Is that still true? Was it ever true? If so, I wuold look into exporting that text, then importing it into FrameMaker as MML. Has anybody ever tried that?

Anyway, since MML doesn't support FrameMaker tables, and it looks like PageMaker prefers tabs for tables, you may have some sort of solution there. Another approach might be to see whether you can export the PageMaker data as tab-delimited text.

--
Chris Despopoulos, maker of CudSpan Freeware...
Plugins to Enhance FrameMaker & FrameMaker+SGML