RE: Printer spewing paper

Subject: RE: Printer spewing paper
From: "Smith, Martin" <Martin -dot- Smith -at- mdx -dot- com>
To: 'Dick Margulis' <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:22:57 -0600

Regarding HP Printers spewing paper:

A few things to try:

I've noticed that some network administrators provide both the PCL and HP's
PostScript Emulation drivers for networked HP printers. You may try
installing both drivers and which gives you the best results.

I have also noticed inexplicable artifacts in documents printed to HP
printers, as well as strange behavior such as paper spewing. I am guessing
that this may be caused by HP's PostScript emulation, but who knows. One
workaround that usually seems to work is to generate and then print a PDF
document. Errors that occur when printing directly to the printer seem to go
away when printing from a PDF made from the same document.

Go figure.

Martin R. Smith