Suggestions for setting standards for documentation

Subject: Suggestions for setting standards for documentation
From: envvy harris <envvy -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:33:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,
I have been tasked with setting standard for the
company regarding :
1. Set the standard for correct document structure
with ALL required work objects and checklists.
2. Establish firm guidelines for where all documents
are stored.
3. Establish a process/team to regularly evaluate
compliance with standards and guidelines.

I am looking for ideas how to accomplish this. I have
been working on the templates..We have multiple proj
that require the documentation to be completed by
different teams. I have developed a mini-style guide
for consistancy and a "short Read me first"
isntructions since all templates r in MS Word. Any
suggestio/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com