RE: Has WebWorks fallen off the map?

Subject: RE: Has WebWorks fallen off the map?
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -at- darrenbarefoot -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:36:21 -0700

That's an interesting question. In truth, as a technical writer/online
marketing guy, I haven't used FrameMaker for about two years. All of my
writing goes directly to the Web and (in most cases) only for the Web.
If it's for print, usually it's a whitepaper or marketing collateral, so
I'll use Word or my layout program du jour.

Other technical writers at one of my clients drifted from Frame/WebWorks
to RoboHelp/Word, reflecting an online help-first approach. I suspect
this might be a common trend?

That said, Frame/WebWorks is, in my experience, a more robust, reliable
and powerful combo. Harder to learn, but it's got niftier tricks up its
sleeves.

By the way, let me complement SalesForce's online help. I've done some
integration work with Web sites and SF, and I've generally been very
happy with the documentation. Thanks. DB.

Darren Barefoot
Words. Words. Words.
http://www.darrenbarefoot.com