Re: Marketing email - VENT

Subject: Re: Marketing email - VENT
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:24:09 -0700

Would I really spend the afterlife chased by a guy in a little red suit
poking me with a pitchfork if I chose to return an *edited* email to the
salesdood that sent it to me considering that part of this company's market
is technical writers?

This is the curse of being a technical writer -- you constantly want to edit things around you. It used to bug me to have to wait for a bus next to a deli that sold "sandwitches." And just yesterday, a very well-read and reputable e-magazine I read started it's lead article with a sentence including the phrase: "... the site of the principle ferry...". I wonder what kind of ferry that is? The one that carries basic truths and laws from one area to another?

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html

<b>MSN 8:</b> Get 6 months for $9.95/month http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup