Re: So many jobs want CURRENT security clearances

Subject: Re: So many jobs want CURRENT security clearances
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techpubs -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 21:22:12 -0700

Actually, it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility. One thing that
the investigators will be looking for is any indication that someone might
tend to harbor resentments toward or feel that they have been victimized
by an employer or the govt. Not that I'm saying your posts have been such
indications, but you can never predict how someone who doesn't know
you will interpret something you've said - especially when it's their job
to be paranoid.

BTW, while I'm on the subject of paranoia, have you looked into what
holding a clearance actually entails? During the time I was cleared, just
about everybody I knew ended up getting interviewed by some federal
agency at least once, and it puts a hell of a damper on your social life
when anybody you date more than a couple of times ends up getting a
knock on the door from the FBI or the NSA. I wouldn't go there again
if my only interest was in getting a job, you need to really believe in the
work you're doing.

Gene Kim-Eng