TRAINING SOFTWARE

Subject: TRAINING SOFTWARE
From: "Humphries, Ola" <Ola -dot- Humphries -at- energy -dot- sungard -dot- com>
To: 'TECHWR-L digest' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:08:46 -0500

One of our consultants has asked me about software that can do the
following:

1. Allow for the generation of documents that always display whenever
they are printed the latest version of any given screen. I told him that any
word processing application that imports graphics by reference would do
this. The directories for the graphics could be set up on our network and
the programmers instructed to add new screen captures in as .gif files. This
requires some planning and work by our already over-worked programmers, but
it could be done. I recommended FrameMaker, as I am very familiar with that
application, but I think that other applications could work as well.
Everyone has Word around here and I have our only FrameMaker license, so the
company would have to get a license for him. Any comments?

2. Capture his language and screen movements as he explains the
procedures. When I worked at Bechtel we had an application that may have
been called "ScreenCam" that did this, but I'm sure there are more and
better aps today. The trainer could put the file on CDs for distribution to
the class. Does anyone have suggestions for applications that might work?

Thanks in advance for all your expertise.

Ola Humphries
Technical Writer
SunGard Energy Systems
Phone 713-680-9980