Re: noise cancelling headphones, was RE: environment

Subject: Re: noise cancelling headphones, was RE: environment
From: "I. Ljaljicic" <isljam -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 08:04:51 -0700 (PDT)

yes, flourescent lights suck. As for noise canceling
headphones. They have some good properties when it
comes to getting rid of annoying noises but yeah, they
dont cancel out speech so much. Also when you walk you
can feel every footfall you make no matter how soft it
is. I used to wear these kinds of headphones (ear
plugs too) and I found eventually that they made me
really sensitive to sound. my ears werent bleeding or
anything but a lot of the time they hurt a bit. also I
find myself always telling my family to turn the
volume on the television down because its too loud.
The really messed up thing was that when I would be
talking to my freinds, because I was so sensitive to
background noise they would be slightly drowned out by
the noise.

I think its best to just get some really high quality
headphones and just listen to some good music at a low
volume because with no noise you will just become more
sensitive to background noise outside of work and it
will just mess with you more.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com