Re: So many jobs want CURRENT security clearances

Subject: Re: So many jobs want CURRENT security clearances
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:20:36 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: August 12, 2003 11:33 PM

> George Mena wrote:
> > After 9-11, what should *anyone* expect?
>
> I'd expect an energized and motivated United States to
> start working overtime issuing security clearances to
> its hardworking citizens who - understandably - are
> lining up to make their contribution to
> defense-related industries. Just like after Pearl
> Harbor.
>
> But that's just me; I could be wrong.

No, you are right. If I am excluded from 80% of the existing technical writing
and editing jobs right now (which is what I judge the situation to be), I
cannot be the only one, and the exclusion of people like me from the pool of
people who can be hired surely is negatively affecting the already high
unemployment rate.

Bonnie Granat
GRANAT EDITORIAL SERVICES
http://www.editors-writers.info