RE: Notifying for Reviews and Routing approvals

Subject: RE: Notifying for Reviews and Routing approvals
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "'Jeanne -dot- Keuma -at- ch2m -dot- com'" <Jeanne -dot- Keuma -at- ch2m -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 15:52:14 -0400

Hi, Jeanne...thanks.

> In Microsoft Word, you can route the document (one recipient after
> another, so revisions are layered, or to all recipients at one time,
> which results in a lot of versions).

I'm not too worried about that because the point is that an authority in
each department makes the review for THEIR specific area. Let's say that I'm
writing about a system that interfaces with the following departments: SAP,
WebFrontEnd, Promotions, eGate, and Search Engine.

Each routed party in all likelihood, cares about only one them. SAP doesn't
care about AS400, except maybe for a passing interest, and if they do, they
are not authorized to make content changes for anything AS400.

I understand about the routing...however, I need something so that I can
control reviews to know that of the 5 departments, 2 of them have not signed
off. I may decide to release it without 100% signoff, but that's my
prerogative.

John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
"If you're afraid to be second-guessed, you better not make any decisions."
--Hal Sutton, America's 2004 Ryder Cup Captain